Work in partnership with business lines and other control processes, to provide guidance in the identification, assessment, management and resolution of operational risk challenges. Responsibilities include oversight and examination of quality and other control processes in the lines of business including review and advisory consultation on scope, sampling, testing, reporting and effectiveness of corrective actions; Re-performance of quality tests conducted by the lines of business for validation purposes and the performance of discretionary testing as emerging risks are identified.
• Executes Quality Assurance testing against established criteria; additionally, testing requires subject matter expertise with the ability to draw inferences, identify root cause, and make recommendations for corrective action
• Manages the quality assurance test(s) and results to ensure consistency and accuracy, which includes guiding/leading specialists or analysts through completion of testing
• Acts as the primary liaison with line of business / operations to provide results, articulate findings verbally in recurring meetings, analyze disputes, reassessments, and escalations, and demonstrates fortitude against potential adversity
• Provides verbal and written summaries of findings and corresponding corrective actions
• Engages supporting business partners to discuss issues (e.g., Compliance, Controls, Internal Audit)
• Monitors the control environment and operational environment for changes which may impact testing
• Recommends and implements enhancements to improve effectiveness and efficiency of services and systems, including Identifying potential testing activities for offshore environment
• Minimum of five (5) years relevant business experience - mortgage, card, auto, etc.
• Minimum of three (3) years' experience in oversight functions such as auditing and/or operational quality assurance
• Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field, or equivalent work experience
Required skills include:
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High degree of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
• Ability to quickly absorb industry knowledge, business processes, policies and regulatory requirements
• Flexible and able to work in fast-paced environment to meet aggressive deadlines while priorities are shifting
• Strong analytical, issue resolution and problem solving skills
• Strong Leadership skills
• Risk and control management experience
• Advanced presentation delivery
• Advanced relationship building and conflict management
• Strong Microsoft Office skillsJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.