At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Our Silicon IP business is all about integrating more capabilities into an SoC—faster. We offer the world’s broadest portfolio of silicon IP—predesigned blocks of logic, memory, interfaces, analog, security, and embedded processors. All to help customers integrate more capabilities. Meet unique performance, power, and size requirements of their target applications. And get differentiated products to market quickly with reduced risk.We’re looking for an R&D Engineer to join the team.
Does this sound like a good role for you?
- Responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting, or debugging software programs.
- Develops software tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and internet-related tools, etc.
- Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Has strong desires to learn and explore new technologies and demonstrates good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.
- Follows standard practices and specific, outlined, and detailed procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Builds routine working relationships internally.
- Contacts are primarily with direct manager and other peers in the group or department.
- Typically requires no previous professional experience. Knowledge base generally acquired from a college degree or equivalent course training.
- Experience in programming software for operating systems, utilizing machine assembly and/or job control languages, and some knowledge of software capabilities.
- Prior knowledge and experience of CAD tool development are required.
- Designs algorithms and data structures.
- Experience on development of complex software projects, familiarity with C/C++ coding, and a strong background in data structures and algorithms