Job Designation: Executive Assistant (EA) to MD
Job description: The EA should provide both clerical and administrative support to the reporting official.
Reporting- HOD: MD and Head of Administration
• Good communication and interpersonal skills in all interactions.
• Communicating professionally and effectively at all levels through excellent written and verbal skills
• Develop time management and maintain good organizational skills.
• Adequate computer literacy and apply the skills appropriately.
Self- motivated, Proactive, Efficient, Flexible, Confidentiality
Roles and Responsibilities of an Executive Assistant:
Arrange meetings, fix appointments based on MD’s requirement. Alert respective individuals in the event of cancellation/rescheduling of meetings.
Maintain a record of the schedule of meetings and share the same with MD / Chairperson of the meetings.
Draft and get the agenda of the meeting approved by the chairperson of the meeting. Publish the agenda with the concerned individuals if required prior to the meeting.
Arrive in good time before the meeting. Coordinate and make necessary arrangements for meetings (board level and internal).
Carry the relevant correspondence and business matters for the session. Record names of those present if it’s a staff meeting and follow up with those who are absent.
Record minutes of meetings on the laptop. Ensure agreed actions be followed up are carried out if any.
Communication and correspondence:
• Create spreadsheets, presentations, and documents etc. linked to MD office using relevant software technology on a regular basis and maintain a database of them.
• Maintain a record reflecting the schedule of the Managing Director and Coordinate with concerned individuals based on the daily task planner.
• Dealing effectively with appointments, incoming and outgoing calls. Check, sort, forward and respond to specific emails linked to MD’s office.
Develop different draft emails for the following. To send email attachments, to obtain/ request for email attachments, a thank you email, an email sending Season's greetings, for setting up a meeting.
• Filing and organizing relevant documents related to MD, Directors and to the Company in an easily accessible manner. Also, maintaining all relevant files in respective folders on the system.
• Maintain and keep all letterheads, MD’s visiting cards, other company-related documents and confidential material under lock and key and maintain a register for the same.
• Drafting letters, emails and other documents linked to official communication accurately.
• Keeping a record of the Organization’s publications.
• Director’s and Employee’s directory to be maintained.
Office and Event management:
• Coordinate with housekeeping and ensure that the working space of MD is maintained.
• Ensure that everything is in place for MD office to function smoothly.
• Micromanage drinks/ lunch/snack for MD for his guests.
• Coordinate with MD’s Chauffeurs and security for his transport arrangements.
• Record, maintain and update MD regarding important dates such as MD’s personal (family/ friends) birthday dates, Staff birthday dates, medical appointments, travel, events, Court cases, renewal dates.
• Maintaining up to date contact details. Update MD regarding contact numbers of new employees of the company / other contacts.
• Greet, welcome and attend to guests and family of MD during occasions/ events and at Office.
• Organizing travel and travel itineraries. Compare, identify and book the best travel options.
• Print the tickets and hand over a copy of it and the relevant documents in an envelope.
• Identify and book hotel rooms for stay during the travel period.
• All the above data are also to be sent via email to travelling people/ MD.
• Coordinate with Head of administration for transportation on days of travel.