The receptionist will be the first point of contact for a company. Receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the office. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
Must be a graduate.
Good communication and good at systems
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer and forward incoming phone calls
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms, visitor logbooks and brochures)
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue and collect visitor badges)
- Order front office supplies and keep an inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing