Contributes to the development of global category strategy
Implements categories strategies and initiatives for his/her materials and services, ensuring alignment, compliance with the Procurement guideline, as well as other internal/external process standards and delivery of required business performance in his/her region or sub-category/project.
· Stakeholder Management:
Understands business needs & engages with regional and local stakeholders to meet their priorities and requirements and therefore, builds effective, trustful, personal and virtual relationships with key regional/country stakeholders.
· Supplier Management:
Manages supply agreements & contracts. Monitors and controls contractual agreements and clauses over the entire lifecycle and minimizes exposure to contractual risks in external relationships through the usage of terms and conditions aligned with legal function.
Provides project or country-specific market intelligence to mitigate supply risk, gain competitive advantage and make better business decisions. Continuously conducts detailed supplier and supply market analysis at country level looking at facts and indicating market trends in supply base and technology.
· Manages supplier relationships and implements supplier management principles in the supply base to build relationships and improves supplier performance. Incorporates the company’s responsibility and commitment to sustainable business practices into category supplier relationships and ensures compliance through reports, audits, and improvement plans.
· Plans and executes (or delegates execution based on agreed criteria) sourcing events to create a competitive advantage, e.g. spend reduction, supply security and / or time-to-market.
· Prepares supplier negotiations, awards suppliers and conducts post negotiation debriefs.
· Collaborates with external partners to conduct sourcing event
Translates results of sourcing strategies, initiatives, and projects into How Docs to enable efficient processing.
- Master or equivalent degree in science, engineering or business management
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills combined with strong collaboration, influencing and communication competencies
- Solid background and expertise in Procurement, procurement processes, and methodologies (e.g. strategic sourcing and supplier management)
- Able to work in a global and virtual working environment and able to coordinate virtual teams (also without r-line responsibility)
- Regional market insights and category expertise
- Change management and project management
- Financial acumen
- Analytical decision making
- Result orientation
- Fully enforces procurement mandate to stakeholders
- High proficiency level in English