• Executing activities to ensure regulatory compliance in the market.
• Developing and implementing processes, tools, policies and strategies to ensure efficient delivery of regulatory activities.
• Work with business to provide regulatory expertise that not only enables the business to implement their strategy but provides direction. Partner the business to leverage best practices for competitive advantage.
• Act as the subject matter expert in India and the Sub-region for regulatory issues. For example:
• maintain current knowledge of relevant regulations, including proposed new developments
• Communicate regulatory information to multiple departments and ensure that information is interpreted correctly.
• Provide regulatory guidance to the local business or global teams regarding design, development, evaluation, and marketing of products.
• Ensure timely registration and renewal of products used in F&B and Institutional settings e.g. hand care, disinfectants. Responsible for preparation and submission of regulatory agency applications, reports and correspondence. Closely monitor and manage timelines for regulatory registrations /submissions and proactively communicate these timelines clearly to relevant stakeholders (Market Head, RA Manager, Marketing teams).
• Work with the business to meet customer needs and respond to customer queries, including tender documents and customer questionnaires.
• Represent Ecolab in engaging and interacting with local regulatory authorities including but not limited to state FDAs, CDSCO and FSSAI . An important aspect of this role is to establish and maintain good relationships with regulatory authorities and industry associations, ensuring that product registration proceeds smoothly, while boosting Ecolab’s image in the industry.