International Potato Center
Ref.: N-21-10 RA/NRS/India
The International Potato Center (CIP) seeks a Research Assistant (RA) in agronomy to assist the Project Manager in the implementation of the potato project: “Sustainable Intensification of Potato for Achieving Self-Sufficiency in Odisha” in Odisha, India.
About the role:
The Research Assistant will support the implementation of project activities in the field, collection of data, publication of research findings, and that those findings are translated into a form that will enable practitioners to take new methods and tools to scale. The position will be based in Bhubaneswar, India and report directly to the Project Manager.
· Conduct, analyse and document the experiment’s findings to contribute with the internal discussion and potential publication paper.
· Supervise research activities in different settings to guarantee the experiments implementation and execution is being follow correctly.
· Support on administration and logistics operations to guarantee an effective supply chain for the projects’ needs.
· Conduct statistical research analysis outlining conclusions for supervisors to contribute with the draft paper’s elaboration.
· Produce technical reports for supervisor in order to inform the progress of the project.
· Support first level analysis of data to guarantee the results are accurate and complete.
What are we looking for?
· Bachelor’s degree or BSc in Agriculture, Agronomy, Biology or related areas.
· At least 3-years work experience in agriculture-related projects involving research for development.
· Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
· Fluent in Hindi.
· Willingness to travel and occasionally render service beyond normal working hours.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
· CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
· CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improving nutrition and well-being, and gender equity for poor people in roots, tubers farming and food systems in the developing world.
· CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in developing countries and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
· Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Visit the link and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on February 19, 2021 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position WILL NOT have contact with children or vulnerable adults
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.