· Safely and effectively carry out routine synthetic organic chemistry techniques (Reactions, recrystallizations, chromatography) with minimum supervision
· Be able to conduct routine synthetic organic chemistry reactions with procedures supplied and discussed by supervisor
· Be able to maintain a laboratory notebook with clear descriptions of the reaction scheme, stoichiometry, results and observations consistent with SOP.
· Must be able to interpret the NMR, IR, and mass spectra.
· Be able to purify compounds to the required level desired by client.
· Have basic understanding of the reactivity and functional group compatibility of the chemical target, intermediates, and reagents employed
· Demonstrate the ability to use known examples or the literature to propose multi-step transformations or complete synthetic routes to targets for discussion with supervisor
· Should able Contributes effectively to experimental write-ups for patents and internal reports
· Should able to effectively perform multiple laboratory and literature tasks simultaneously.
· Capable of maintaining awareness of, and provides recommendations on, laboratory tools and procedures as appropriate
Consistently demonstrates moderate productivity in the preparation of straightforward analogs, and is able to do more than one reaction and work-up simultaneously
· Understands and follows established health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
· Be familiar with common laboratory instruments.