National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA),Government of India has decided to invite applications for an Internship Scheme. NDMA Internship Scheme seeks to engage Indian Nationals, who are graduate/ post-graduate or Research Students enrolled in reputed University/ Institution within India or abroad, as “Interns”. These “Interns” shall be attached with various Divisions within NDMA and would be supplementing the process of analysis within NDMA through empirical collection and to the collation of in-house and other information for the “Interns”, the exposure to the functioning of the Indian Government may be an add-on in furthering their interests.
About National Disaster Management Authority
NDMA, as the apex body, is mandated to lay down the policies, plans, and guidelines for Disaster Management to ensure timely and effective response to disasters. Towards this, it has the following responsibilities:-
1. Lay down policies on disaster management
2. Approve the National Plan
3. Approve plans prepared by the Ministries or Departments of the Government of India in accordance with the National Plan
4. Lay down guidelines to be followed by the State Authorities in drawing up the State Plan
5. Lay down guidelines to be followed by the different Ministries or Departments of the Government of India for the purpose of integrating the measures for prevention of disaster or the mitigation of its effects in their development plans and projects
6. Coordinate the enforcement and implementation of the policy and plans for disaster management
7. Recommend provision of funds for the purpose of mitigation
8. Provide such support to other countries affected by major disasters as may be determined by the Central Government
9. Take such other measures for the prevention of disaster, or the mitigation, or preparedness and capacity building for dealing with threatening disaster situations or disasters as it may consider necessary
10. Lay down broad policies and guidelines for the functioning of the National Institute of Disaster Management.
About the internship
The Interns will assist/collate research/analysis in the following fields:-
1. SOPs and Guidance Notes
2. Project assignments
3. Research Assignments
4. Training/Capacity building and Documentation
5. Process Documentation
6. Day to day assignment - on the job training
7. Any other task as assigned by Supervisor
Who can apply
Only those candidates can apply who:
1. are available for full time (in-office) internship
2. are available for duration of 2 months
3. are from Delhi and neighboring cities
4. have relevant skills and interests
1. Students pursuing Research, Post Graduation, students in the 4th and 5th year of integrated five years or two years post-graduation 1st and 2nd-year students of Economics, Science, Humanities, Architects, Management, Engineering, Medicine, etc. will be eligible for consideration as Interns. Preference will be given to students studying disaster management or related subjects.
Interns will be required to have their own laptops. NDMA shall provide them working space, internet facility and other necessities deemed fit by the Division Head.
During an internship in NDMA, the candidate should have 90% attendance and they have to mark In and Out time on a daily basis. The attendance records and the details of work supervision shall be maintained by the head of the Divisions/Senior, Consultants/Consultants.
Number of openings
Information above is Internshala's interpretation and paraphrasing of what we found on the shared link.
Certificate: Will be provided at the end of the Internshiphttps://internshala.com/internship/detail/internship-at-national-disaster-management-authority1598437143