IBM Research Scientists are charting the future of Artificial Intelligence, creating breakthroughs in quantum computing, discovering how blockchain will reshape the enterprise, and much more. Join a team that is dedicated to applying science to some of today's most complex challenges, whether it’s discovering a new way for doctors to help patients, teaming with environmentalists to clean up our waterways or enabling retailers to personalize customer service.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesWho you are: We are looking for Research Scientist who want to work on real-world problems leading to solutions that make a direct and measurable business impact. IRL is a perfect blend of pure and applied research.Our current research covers several projects in the areas of:
What you’ll do:
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Deep Learning Algorithms and Infrastructure
- Natural Language Text Understanding
- Knowledge Extraction Representation & Reasoning
- Dialog and Conversational Systems
- Financial Services
- Data Security and Compliance
How we’ll help you grow:
- As a Research Scientist Apprentice, you will demonstrate the ability to define research plans and publish research results through professional journals, academic conferences, and patents.
- You will be expected to organize meaningful problems, develop new solutions, and work with business & development teams to ensure these solutions have a significant impact.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Preferred Technical and Professional ExpertiseYou should be proficient in one or more of the following areas:
- Ph.D in Computer Science OR Electrical Engineering OR Other relevant streams
- Consistent track record demonstrated by publications in top-tier conferences and journals, patents, or technical impact.
About Business Unit
- Experience in Machine Learning, Data and Text Mining, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Information Extraction, Internet-of-Things (IoT),Blockchain, cognitive interaction technologies.
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Experience in using C/C++/Java, Distributed systems and applications, Cloud computing, Security
- Agile software development across technologies and languages.
- Experience with design/development/documentation/version control tools.
- Ability to work with a complementary team with a broad spectrum of skill.
With more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents, IBM Research brings together hundreds of researchers who possess unparalleled industry expertise to address some of the world's most challenging problems. Join us as we do pioneering work in areas such as cognitive computing, augmented intelligence, quantum computing, and blockchain, to name a few.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.