Part of Independent Validation & Review (IVR) at Credit Suisse, the Model Risk Management (MRM) team has a mandate to validate the Bank's business-impactful models firm-wide and more generally to identify measure and manage model risk across Credit Suisse. The team is established in New York, London, Zurich, Mumbai, Warsaw, Hong Kong and Singapore. As part of the Algos validation team within Model Risk Management the candidate will gain exposure to wide variety of modeling techniques in the Algorithmic Trading frameworks. The current heightened regulatory focus on these areas and the teamâs broader model risk scope also guarantees a significant level of interest and visibility to the business and senior management. Opportunities to present results to business partners as well as peers are numerous, allowing the candidate to widen and develop their network and reputation.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firmâs D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.The successful candidate will be responsible for
- Validation of front office business models across different asset classes (Equity, FX, Credit and Rates). This includes validation of models covering electronic trading, research, investment banking and other models relevant to the trading desks.
- Performing testing and producing validation documentation following the model validation guidelines of SR11-7.
- Timely delivery of model reviews with effective challenge and reporting of identified issues.
- Independent model validation through statistical techniques, development of benchmark models and data analysis.
- Review of model methodologies to ensure continuing compliance with different regulatory rules.
- Coordinating and collaborating with business partners across trading, structuring, research, IT and risk management.
- Conducting research for establishing methodologies that estimate model risks.
- Encouraged to demonstrate independence in planning and partner engagement, testing design and execution, results interpretation and presentation, and the production of documentation strong enough to evidence a sound challenge to both internal and external parties.
The truly global scope of model risk means that this role will involve working with an incredibly broad group of business partners from every part of the firm, investigating model risk and model governance standards and performing detailed validation of risk models.You Offer
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Candidate suitable for the role is expected to hold a Masters or PhD degree in a quantitative field, e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Finance.
- Relevant past experience of 2-3 years in Model Validation, Front Office Quantitative Analysis or Quantitative Risk Management is preferred.
- Proficiency in programming including experience of software applications such as: C++, C#, R or Python.
- Good knowledge of financial products, stochastic calculus, statistics and numerical algorithms.
- Client focus and the ability to communicate effectively with senior partners, and can explain complex topics to a diverse range of audiences.
- Self-motivation, field, task focus, can structure and present work and a proven record of delivering high quality results under strict deadlines.
- Hands-on experience of statistical models and broader financial modeling.
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards