Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesThe RPA Technical Support engineer:
- Provides technical support assistance to customers using problem determination/problem source identification skills.
- Utilizes technical and negotiation skills in collaboration with other support operations/organizations to prioritize and diagnose problems to resolution.
- Communicates action plans to the customer or IBM representative as appropriate.
- Recommends and implements new or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures, and processes.
- May provide training for and mentor others on the team.
- Contributes to department attainment of organizational objectives and high customer satisfaction.
- Documents problem solutions within the company knowledge base.
- Writes and provides the customer with samples of test code.
- Manages requests’ priorities on a daily basis.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Work closely with clients as leading resolver to assist and expedite problem resolution during product implementation by providing remote troubleshooting and guidance.
- Review diagnostic information to assist in isolation of a problem cause (which includes interpreting traces).
- Provide technical support within established guidelines; demonstrating soft skills and technical skills that contribute to client satisfaction.
- Partner with other support teams and service units to provide seamless problem resolution that lead to delightful client perceptions, utilizing technical and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the products supported by maintaining applicable technical certifications.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+Years of IT experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Basic knowledge in Operating system administration (Windows, Linux)
- Basic knowledge in database administration (DB2, Oracle, MS SQL)
- Basic knowledge of LDAP
- Basic knowledge of network technologies (routing, firewalls, port forwarding)
- At least 6 months experience in development (including related technologies, e.g.: XML, EJB, JSP and Web services)
- English: Fluent in speaking and writing
- Analytical thinking, structured problem solving techniques
- Basic knowledge of IBM's Digital Business Automation Product Family
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran statusAbout Business Unit
- Master's Degree in Information Technology
- At least 2 years experience in Technical Support
- At least 1 year experience in Operating system administration (Windows, Linux)
- At least 1 year experience in database administration (DB2, Oracle, MS SQL)
- At least 1 year experience in products of IBM's Digital Business Automation Product Family
- At least 1 year experience in RPA technologies, such as RPA by Automation Anywhere
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English and additional language(s)
The IBM Robotic Process Automation (RPA) software is a critical component in the middleware stack and plays a key role in IBM's Digital Business Automation strategy. As a Customer Support Engineer, you will participate in the worldwide remote technical support team for the RPA product. You will be part of an international team and organization that is distributed around the globe. You will act as a global team member contributing to a seamless 24x7 'follow-the-sun' support for IBM's customers. You will be working with customers around the world.
You will go beyond the industry standard technical support practices and will become an expert of the product, with a strong knowledge of the product internal components as well as how the solution is utilized by customers. Your top priority is always going to be customer success and customer satisfaction, by answering their technical questions and resolving their product related issues you will contribute to their success.
This is excellent opportunity to join a highly successful Support organization supporting IBM’s acquisition of WDG Automation. RPA is foundational to Cloud Pak and Base Pak and is central to IBM’s AI and Automation strategy. You will have the opportunity to work on the latest and most exciting technologies in the marketplace today. This position offers the opportunity to build skills and expertise in one of IBM's most strategic imperatives. You will have an extraordinary opportunity to be challenged and for continuous learning in RPA, Automation and Cloud areas that will further differentiate IBM from competitors and will enhance your skill set for long term career growth.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.