Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what’s now to what’s next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Summary
Hitachi is looking for a high energy, dynamic individual to lead the ongoing technology solution definition effort supporting the Marketing, Global Sales & Services organizations at Hitachi Vantara. This individual must have a passion for technology delivery and be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast changing environment, without losing sight of core processes around development and delivery. Must be able to work on and balance multiple high priority items at same time.
Working in close collaboration with solution analysts and operations team, this role will lead the development team for new and changing business needs. Focus is to drive business leaders and business process to align with standard functionality instead of custom solutions to the extent possible.
The Technical lead must have strong understanding of SFDC technology platform, API integrations, and web application development. This role must be able to work independently. Should be able to use judgment, creativity and strong technical knowledge to resolve the roadblocks and provide innovative solutions to new challenges in a fast-paced environment.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following essential job functions:Key Responsibilities
- Providing leadership to onshore and offshore delivery teams
- Code reviews and providing guidance to developers on the best practices
- Manage the delivery of defined scope and deliverables according to the dates and milestones established
- Working with the architecture team to evaluate new Salesforce.com application technologies and approaches to determine the usefulness and applicability to the organization.
- Lead cross-functional meetings and planning sessions with internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Responsible to drive the development effort by participating in workshops, designing and communicating technical solutions
- Building prototypes and POCs
- Estimating the development efforts for projects
- Facilitate operations meetings, providing updates on project status, issues, risks, escalations, and change requests
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendors on application support issues, defects and enhancements
- Track change requests and determine impacts to timeline, resources, and project cost before aligning on next steps
- Manage contractors who might join team from time to time to augment capacity or skill sets
- Work with Release Management and QA teams to develop best in class processes
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Education And Experience
- Strong experience and understanding of business processes in Sales and Services organizations
- 10+ years of experience Salesforce development experience using Apex and Visualforce
- 2+ years of experience another programming language, preferably Java, Go, Python, Node, or C# (Full stack experience is a huge plus)
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce SOAP API, REST API, and BULK API
- Experience building integrations with Salesforce and 3rd-party applications
- Proficiency with development tools, including Eclipse IDE, Git, etc...
- SFDC Certification desired (Salesforce Certified Administrator and Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II)
- Experience leading development team as a lead engineer
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Prior experience with continuous integration and deployment for Salesforce projects
- In depth knowledge of Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and the force.com platform is a must
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Experience in delivering software projects using Agile methodology
- Experience with project issue and tracking tools such as JIRA or ALM
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Management or related discipline
- Minimum 15 years of direct experience
- Experience in leading technical teams in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements/story gathering, analysis, solution design, development, testing (unit, integration, end-to-end user),implementation, and support
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex
, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.