SAP Data Migration ABAP Engineer Overview The SAP Data Migration ABAP Engineer will be part of the SAP team that takes over the responsibility of technical data migration in aspects of Design, Implementation and Deployment in a Global SAP Rollout.
Task and Responsibilities
- Responsible for building remote functions for loading data into SAP system
- Assisting BODS engineer to identify/determine the appropriate interfaces to load the data · Troubleshooting the issues that occur during data load activity of migration objects, understanding and working using cutover plan
- Develop Automated/Re-usable Solutions which minimizes re-work and enables to perform rollout for future waves with minimum preparation time
- Coordination activities between functional teams and business for the assigned data objects Should have good understanding of the deployment topics
- Responsible for End-to-End content related Data object clarifications until resolution for the objects assigned to him/her - Conversion rules, Value mappings, data cleansing, test scripts creation and execution
- Responsible for the objects build and execution through a global rollout, in a phased manner Understand existing design, suggest best practices and improvements to achieve the migration with maximum productivity
- Should have working experience on one or more of the below SAP Modules: CS, SD,MM,FI,CO as well as in the area of Master Data · Data Object related planning / execution - Good Understanding of Healthcare domain related topics, processes and responsibilities (would be added advantage)
- Define Data migration strategy per object assigned to him/her based on P58 (target system) / Legacy system setup including country-related tasks.
- Working knowledge of SAP data migration using SAP Data Services tool would be added advantage
Required Education, Experience and Knowledge/Skills
- Education: University degree in engineering/computer science or similar
- Experience: 5+ years of ABAP experience that should include Data Migration experience to SAP using SAP ABAP.
Must be able to demonstrate good understanding of Data Migration in global teams.
- Experienced in Core ABAP, OOPs Concept, IDOCs, Enhancements, BAPI, Interfaces, Reports, LSMW.
- Functional/Technical SAP ECC know how for respective content area
- Experience in design and execution of data migration tasks in larger SAP projects using SAP Data Services Tool
- Strong data-migration background with hands-on experience with data migration using SAP Data Services with IDOCs, BAPIs LSMW, and BDC load methodology.
- Integration with Non-SAP Sources (file formats),SAP ECC is essential (added knowledge of HANA is beneficial)
- Awareness on the SAP and Non-SAP Best Practices for Data Migration
- Should have good Database knowledge, writing complex SQL queries.
- Knowledge in writing/ Understanding of Stored Procedures is beneficial
- Strategic thinking regarding technical design and technical approach
- Good Analytical skills to understand the country-specific business process and provide quicker resolution of the defects assigned
- Technical Know-how of ABAP/LSMW programming is needed.
- Ability to work in an integrated team, as well as an individual contributor and can work in a fast paced, changing environment with a growth mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Candidate, has knowledge of Professional Services, Pharmaceutical, Finance, Healthcare, Supply Chain, Vendors, Materials and Tax verticals
- Good communication and client management skills
- Takes complete accountability for the qualitative delivery of her/his work