Cubic Transportation SystemsJob Details:
The Scheduling Specialist develops master program schedules for highly complex programs and proposals. This position acts as a key member of the Program planning team by providing guidance to ensure schedules are developed in a logical and executable manner.Role Responsibilities
- Reviews contractual requirements (including inter company works orders),to ensure that all essential labor and non-labor elements are captured in the development of the schedule.
- Interfaces directly with Program Managers, functional managers and other support personnel to develop detailed baseline plans, schedules, and interrelationships for all program tasks.
- Utilizes various planning tools for schedule development including Gantt and Critical Path Method (CPM) network schedule (typically using Primavera P6).
- Performs maintenance and analyses of schedule baselines, including change control, status and forecasts, critical path analyses and “what if” scenarios.
- Supports the proposal process, including review of Requests for Proposals, schedule development and resource planning.
- Performs formal schedule risk analyses utilizing software running Monte Carlo type analysis. Includes the understanding of 3-point estimates, loading and analyses of data, generation and explanation of reports to management.
- Prepares and executes the load of the data files being synchronized between the schedule and SAP.
- Develops and presents schedule review documents/data to management and customers
- Works directly with PMs, CAMs and PFOs to develop and maintain direct budgets/ETCs at the activity level.
- Assists with the development of the WBS Structure used within the schedule and SAP.
- Displays exceptional understanding of earned value methods and the proper use of the various status techniques.
- Provide training, direction and guidance to other schedulers and project team members as required.
- Ensures resource demand plans are maintained and realistically reflect the work load of the business unit
- Working with the management team, ensure compliance to the inter works policy and related processes and procedures (including maintain a register of all inter company works order) with status.
Four-year college degree, or equivalent, in business administration, engineering, industrial engineering. A minimum of six years’ experience in an engineering/manufacturing scheduling environment.About You
You will have a strong working knowledge of CPM, Gantt and Line-of-Balance scheduling techniques. You will have a strong understanding of various % complete methods and their specific applications. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to develop complex master schedules while working within the guidelines of accepted scheduling principles.
The successful candidate must have experience with various PC based scheduling tools (Primavera P6, MS Project, Open Plan). Experience with other software should include EXCEL, WORD and PowerPoint. Prior experience in working with SAP preferred.Working At Cubic
Whilst working at Cubic not only will you be part of a fast growing, globally recognised brand. You will receive the following benefits...
- Health and Wellness Discousnts
- Compensation and Recognition
- Work Life Blend & CSR
- Opportunity for Career Growth