Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesA DevSecops Engineer role is to ensure IBM Key Protect / Cloud Object Storage is operating in the most secure manner protecting IBM's assets from threats both internal and external. Automation is key in the world of managing Security and Compliance therefore a programming background is also desired as needed. The DevSecops Engineer is needed to help support numerous system security and audit based deliverables helping the team to ensure controls are in place and functioning. You will contribute to the following:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Automating the collection of audit evidence
- Automating fixes for security vulnerabilities
- Automating alerts for security findings discovered
- Collaborating across teams to implement the above items
- Security and compliance should always be prioritized and youâll become an advocate for other squads within the Key Protect service team
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience
- Desirable developing languages: Shell scripting, Python, Golang or any other scripting language. Automation experience is a must.
- Extensive experience with Cloud platform - AWS/Azure/any of the public cloud platforms. Experience in ELK, Graylog and other log aggregation services.
- Knowledge of configuration management tools: Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet.
- Extensive experience with cloud provisioning tools
- Extensive experience working with different DevOps and Dev teams to enable cyber security features and patch vulnerabilities.
- Experience creating meaningful alerts to detect security incidents.
- Deep understanding of application security architecture and lifecycle.
- Extensive experience with vulnerability management.
About Business Unit
- Deep understanding of networking and cloud security
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our clientâs data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.