At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Security specialist, you are responsible for providing analyst or administration support in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) to clients within the IBM Security Services organization.If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Create, modify and tune the SIEM rules to adjust the specifications of alerts and incidents
- Work with the customer designated personnel to provide continual correlation rule tuning, incident classification and prioritization recommendations
- Report query adjustments, and various other SIEM configuration activities
- Assist customers to fully optimize the SIEM system capabilities as well as the audit and logging features of the event log sources
- Work closely with the assigned Managed Services SIEM resources to ensure client's customized solution is functioning optimally and continuously tuned to the client's needs
- Collaborate with a variety of customers in a polite, positive and professional manner
- Resolve problems related to Network, Device, Policy, connectivity issues et.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 7 years of experience in managing SIEM products like Arcsight, Qradar, RSA NetWitness Suite, Splunk, LogRythym
- Proven expertise of Security Operations – Subject Matter Expert Analyst in Infrastructure Security Services domain
- Ability to resolve issues pertaining to security solutions implemented at client locations
- Willingness to work in 24*7 environment
About Business Unit
- Working knowledge about Risk, Incident and Change Management
- Experience on Security standard methodologies and regulations
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
IBM Security is helping clients develop an integrated and intelligent immune system. IBM's security portfolio provides solutions to organizations which holistically protect their people, data, applications and infrastructure.
So, if your desire is to help empower people with unmatched security while working in a supportive and engaging environment, we'd love to hear from you.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.