Reports to (Line Manager’s Job Title):
Direct Reports (if applicable):
Department/Function Level 1:
Department/Function Level 2:
Role Profile Attestation
The content of this role profile is relevant for the role in question
Name of reviewer:
Role of reviewer:
Date of review:
02 March 2021
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
About Barclays India Employee Value Proposition
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, as a person. The statement ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It is the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and therefore is at the heart of every employee experience. Following are the four supporting pillars of our employee value proposition:
· Be More Globally Connected
· Be More Inspired
· Be More Impactful
· Be More Valued
The role holder will deliver an expert, quality driven service to our clients. They will also be expected to provide a first class experience for all of our clients, demonstrating ownership of all queries. The Cards Income Validation teams are expected to make accurate and prompt decisions, with support from various systems. The role holder will ensure all Governance, Risk Management, Controls and Compliance requirements are adhered to.
What will you be doing?
· Making decisions and problem solving in a timely manner using various system applications
· Ensure daily work/volume is managed within specified/agreed timelines
· Manage and address queries raised by the client and stakeholders
· Accountable for identifying, analysing and resolving /implementation processing issues to prevent re-occurrence reducing loss to the business
· Act as process SME and manage additional responsibilities by providing extended cover to the team
· Provide support and cover in terms of process management to team members
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
What we’re looking for:
· A strong financial background would be advantageous
· A general understanding of the regulatory framework that applies to lending operations
· Strong understanding of credit underwriting principles in international environment.
· Excellent command of the English language being fluent in spoken, written and oral English
· MS Office Application Suite (Preferably Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
· At least 3+ years of experience with relevant experience in same domain (exception for deserving candidates)
· Good analysis and problem solving skills
· Strong control awareness
· Qualified Graduate (B.Com) or MBA (Finance) preferred
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter, pro-active and a team player.
· Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communicator
· Willingness and ability to take ownership of issues and manage through to a successful resolution
· Expected to take accountability/responsibility of deliverables
Where will you be working?
For further information on EVP, please click on the link below
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.