Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAn IBM Senior Cloud Security Developer, will be the key individual responsible for end to end feature enablement across the orchestration layer. You will perform hands-on coding and mentor junior developers, working to increase the knowledge and performance of the collective team. In addition, you will interface with senior architects across several locations to understand the requirements and come up with a solid design and development plan to meet the requirements.Automation is key in the world of managing Security and Compliance therefore a solid programming background is highly desired. The engineer will be involved in Process Development and Orchestration, Integration with existing Business systems and technical platforms to operationalize security and compliance gaps, Exposure to IT Asset and Inventory Management, Network knowledge regarding ACL and VLAN configuration management, Enterprise Password Management solutions, Orchestrating solutions to address security control gaps.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- The Senior Cloud Security Developer will work closely with senior architects and cross-functional-area specialists, to:
- Lead the technical design, implementation and validation of a highly secure, resilient, and performant cloud infrastructure
- Continuously review and identify security improvement opportunities in existing processes, services, and workflows to ensure IBM Cloud platform is robust against current and future security threats
- Effectively model threats and assess risks
- Partner across business and technology disciplines to present and deliver the needed security architectures
- Manage the integration of the different cloud infrastructure components
- Provide design for the most stringent security standards, high availability and performance of the infrastructure components and lead the respective implementation
- Provide expertise for cloud-based SecDevOps development and deployment
- Develop and utilize reusable patterns, practices, and reference architectures in delivering a highly secure, resilient, and performant cloud infrastructure
- Ensure project team members comply with regulatory compliance and best practices
- Influence product roadmaps, strategies, run proof of concepts, and identify gaps and solutions
- Research and formulate define security solutions which meet internal and external requirements, including following industry standards
- Provide guidance for automating of cloud services configuration
- Manage communication with the infrastructure delivery/ops team for ensuring a seamless change management
- Keep current with industry cloud technology trends
- Provide technical and professional leadership and coach more junior level engineers.
- Specific Knowledge: Software Engineering and Automation (GIT, Jenkins, Travis, Jira),Networking (Protocols, Load balancing, troubleshooting),deployment & configuration management (Chef, SaltStack, Ansible),Linux, Containers, Kubernetes, Security tools (Nessus, Vault, QRadar)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years in Software Engineering, DevOps in a large Cloud based environment.
- 3+ years of experience in cloud infrastructure security engineering, SecDevOps.
- Experience developing, implementing, and operating large-scale IaaS, ultra-highly available and highly secure cloud environments/services.
- Experience implementing core security controls such as logging, monitoring, vulnerability scanning, intrusion detection, identity and access management, secrets management, virtualization security, network security features for cloud services and infrastructure assets.
- Supporting application deployments, building new systems and upgrading and patching existing ones.
- Deep understanding of IT Security Controls, secure architecture and design fundamentals.
- Experience with IT Security Related Frameworks e.g. NIST 800-53
- Working knowledge of applied cryptography
- CISSP, CCSP or related certification
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and ability to lead development of complex solutions
- Solid understanding of the challenges that face developers deploying large applications on cloud infrastructure