Senior Data Analyst_ SAS
Job Location: Chennai (838850)
• Gather business requirements from Client Services Personnel.
• Direct communication with Clients and Client Service Personnel
• US time based communication opportunity required
• 70% of this position is SAS Programming.
• Provide internal users, sales staff, and external clients support for proprietary software, Internet hosted solutions/services, and ad-hoc statistical reporting.
• Act as the primary channel for the communication of routine and emergency questions, issues and requests.
• Collect and interpret data for purposes of defining customer business specifications.
• Build client market data sets and databases on a monthly schedule.
• Foster and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external business partners.
• Manage obstacles to effectively meet deadlines.
• Investigate, analyze and develop creative solutions to client specific problems related to any aspect of delivery through active cross-functional team participation.
• Work with functional teams to provide effective consultation for plan revisions, managed strategies, product development, policy and procedure changes, legislative changes and cost control.
• Provide analytic, technical, and functional support to licensed users of decision support tool, escalating questions/issues to appropriate areas of expertise within organization, as needed.
• Contribute to developing and improving Existing Process, Tools and Staff.
• Provide ad hoc support to internal and external customers and team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2+ years of SAS / python programming experience.
• Health care claims data experience.
• Experience with complex SQL statements and familiarity with relational databases.
• Familiarity with processing large data sets.
• Able to work independently.
• Superior customer service skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects at any given time.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work within a strong team structure.
• General software development knowledge (.NET, Java, Oracle, Teradata, HTML, etc.).
• Ability to travel to meet with internal / external customers.
• College Bachelors Degree, or equivalent work experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft operating systems and Internet browsers.