Applications are invited from candidates with excellent academic credentials for the position of Senior Project Associate
(Postdoctoral Scholar) in a DST NSM sponsored research project titled, “Petascale simulations of large wind farms
sited on complex heterogeneous terrain” in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at IIT Hyderabad.
Position Senior/Principal Project Associate (one vacancy)
• Ph. D. in Mechanical Engineering or allied areas with a focus on numerical simulations.
• Candidates who are awaiting their defense (with thesis submission completed or imminent
within one month from the date of application) may also apply. Such a candidate, if selected,
will be made a provisional offer and will need to produce a letter stating that they have
completed all conditions for their doctoral degree other than the final defense.
• Experience and expertise in one or more among fluid dynamics, turbulence, computational
physics, and parallel computing.
• Experience and expertise in (a) C/C++/Fortran (one or more) programming; (b) parallel
programming and high-performance computing; (c) conducting large-scale computations
and postprocessing large datasets
• Strong motivation to work in a serious academic environment on a computational project
that also offers scope for theory development.
• Comfort with the Linux environment; experience integrating and using parallel numerical
libraries; use of Python or scripting languages for postprocessing.