We are looking to recruit a Senior Software Engineer to the established Oracle IT team. The successful candidate will be located in India and will mainly be responsible for defining and deploying key Services with deep focus on architecture, production operations, performance management, deployment, and release engineering. He / She will work with multiple cross-functional teams helping deliver new and outstanding experiences to our users while ensuring reliability and performance.. The selected candidates are expected to working partnership with customers, other support engineers and developers to deliver a superior ownership experience to the customer. The candidate will be widely regarded as a subject matter expert in their current role and will demonstrate the ability to resolve complex problems or identify acceptable workarounds. He/she should be able to perform their assigned duties with a great degree of independence requiring minimal direction. The Engineer is expected to be a key member of the technical problem solving as well as problem avoidance team, routinely sought after to extremely complex, critical customer issues. We as a team, work towards improving the customer interaction, support and engagement experience, deflect or avoid service tickets.Responsibilities
The role provides a mixture of production platform ownership as well as dedicated development time. You will solve challenging technical problems, identify improvements and work on implementing your recommendations. You will also work directly with high level developers on projects and work to blur the lines between traditional system operations and development support.
As a Devops Engineer, you will be responsible for defining and deploying key Services with deep focus on architecture, production operations, capacity planning, performance management, deployment, and release engineering. You will work with multiple cross-functional teams helping deliver new and outstanding experiences to our users while ensuring reliability and performance.In This Role You Will Need To
- Contribute to development of platform services including architecture, configuration, deployment, and support
- Participate in prototyping new customer facing platform services
- Stay informed of new technologies
- Architecture and design: create and improve current service deployment infrastructure using automation and the latest cloud capabilities to improve agility, reliability, and observability.
- Ownership: understand internal development processes end-to-end in order to streamline CI/CD pipelines.
- Migration: move/re-implement existing On-Prem services to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure in a manner that is secure and leverages the latest cloud services.
- Troubleshooting: have a deep understanding of our services and dependencies in order to respond quickly and efficiently to major incidents and minimize service disruptions when they occur. Root cause issues so that improvements can be made. Customer support, configuration, and escalated issues in timely manner.
- Environment support:
Need expertise in automation tools and languages. Familiarity with middleware technologies
, oracle fusion middleware or oracle WebLogic server will be an advantage. The Engineer should have good hands on experience on UNIX, Linux and/or Solaris platformsThe Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following
- BS degree in Computer Science / Management Information Systems / Engineering / Math / Physics / Chemistry or proven professional and technical experience.
- 6 -10 years of industry experience
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Able to accurately estimate efforts and deliver on time
- Experience with agile processes and general understanding of product development
- Familiarity with security practices in web application delivery
- Some understanding of virtualization solutions and Cloud services
- Strong technical background in Linux-based OS internals, Virtualization, Cloud(AWS, Azure)
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Strong knowledge of internet protocols
- Exposure to troubleshooting network services
- Prior experience in designing, implementing or supporting high performance and large scale web applications
- Understanding of the DevOps Toolchain components and how they fit together; experience developing automation and using open source tools, github, jenkins
- Understanding and experience with CI/CD practices
- Strong technical background in cloud networking, storage, and security
- Strong technical knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Registry
- Strong technical knowledge of monitoring and building dashboards (e.g. Kibana, Prometheus, Grafana, etc)
- Languages (one or more): Python, Go, C, Java, shell
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Handles hard problems with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Team player and able to work with others all skill levels