At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs a Senior UI Developer, you should have passion for writing amazing code and working with other developers to deliver innovative applications with User Experience (UX) techniques which intern delivers amazing experiences to our end users.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You will be working in highly collaborative teams and building quality code
- Understanding the business domain deeply and working closely with business partners
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required applications, crafted from potentially multiple data sources
- Design and build applications to access the reports & dashboards
- Transition developed reports and dashboards to the Operations & Support team
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed applications for both external and internal users
- Work with cross-functional teams, you will participate to gather and document requirements to meet business needs.
- Using your skills and experience as a specialist in emerging technologies, you will then use those requirements to design, develop, test and implement applications that utilize the underlying data store(s)/ data warehouse(s) / data mart(s).
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience in application development
- Proven experience in Agile/Scrum development methodology and related tools (JIRA, GitHub)
- Demonstrated work with cloud, mobile or open source technologies is a significant plus
- Experience in architecting apps on scale with high security and availability is an advantage
- Solid communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment is essential
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
About Business Unit
- Programming / scripting experience and knowledge of SDLC is desirable
- Experience on testing and adjusting to multi-browser is preferable
- Proven arithmetic abilities and good grasp of mathematical operations.
- Ability to drill-down and perform root-cause analysis
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.