At Marvell, we believe that infrastructure powers progress. That execution is as essential as innovation. That better collaboration builds better technology. Trusted by the world’s leading technology companies for 25 years, we move, store, process and secure the world’s data with semiconductor solutions designed for our customers’ current needs and future ambitions. Through a process of deep collaboration and transparency, we’re ultimately changing the way tomorrow’s enterprise, cloud, automotive, and carrier architectures transform—for the better.
The data infrastructure that our customers build has never been more critical to our global economy. It’s what’s keeping the world connected, businesses running, and information flowing. If you’re ready to excel, innovate, and truly enjoy your work, apply now for the position detailed below.The Opportunity
Marvell R&D is seeking a seasoned kernel driver developer who has a proven track record in designing and developing system software for high-quality enterprise solutions. As a Staff Engineer, you'll be responsible for drivers and applications software for Marvell’s state of art FastLinQ Ethernet controllers with a focus on Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Software Defined Storage (SDS) for Microsoft's private and hybrid cloud solutions. You'll design for hyper-scale and ultralow latency striving for the Industry's best RDMA fabric for Cloud networking and storage.Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of software development including Architecture, Design, and Implementation of Windows network and RDMA drivers for Marvell's 100/50/25/10 Gigabit Ethernet.
- Integration with Microsoft’s SDN, SDS stack, AzureStack, the new Cloud OS from Microsoft, with focus on SDN Infrastructure and Network Function Virtualization with Marvell’s FastLinQ RDMA and storage offloads NIC capable NICs providing I/O connectivity to Hyper-V.
- Working closely with Product & Program Management and other Engineering teams including System Architecture, Firmware development, Quality Assurance.
- The position also involves overall system level performance profiling and analysis and involves leadership in defining software components/IP in next-generation products, providing technical direction and support to Marketing, Product and Program Management as and when necessary to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Experience in programming in 'C' is a must
- Experience in networking software development is a must
- Experience in System Software development preferably on Windows and/or Linux drivers is highly desired
- Familiarity with Cloud Infrastructure
- OpenStack or Azure, Virtualization technologies, HyperV Networking is highly desired - RDMA and Infiniband knowledge is a bonus
With competitive compensation and great benefits, you will enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us. For additional information on what it’s like to work at Marvell, visit our page.Your Future
Marvell provides a work environment that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for an individual who wants to grow with the company and will strive to improve performance. If you are driven, personable, and energetic, there will be additional opportunities for you here at Marvell.