At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs an Incident Manager, you are responsible manages the IT infrastructure process to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible to minimize the impact to business operationsIf you thrive in a dynamic, reciprocal workplace, IBM provides an environment to explore new opportunities every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.Responsibilities:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Record and classify received Incidents and undertake an immediate effort in order to restore a failed IT Service as quickly as possible
- Assign unresolved Incidents to appropriate Tier 2 Support Group
- Log all Incident/Service Request details, allocating categorization and prioritization codes
- Keep users informed about their Incidents’ status at agreed intervals
- Associate Incidents with other records (i.e. Incidents, Changes, Problems, Knowledge Articles, Known Errors, etc.)
- Provide first-line investigation and diagnosis of all Incidents and Service Requests
- Verify resolution with users and resolve Incidents in ITSM tool
- Escalate Major Incidents to the Incident and/or Problem Manager
- Escalate Incidents at risk of breaching Service Level Agreement to the Incident Process Coordinator.
- Owns all Incidents and Service Requests throughout the lifecycle
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 2+ years in IT Service Management - incident
- Ability to gather and maintain a wide array of data, analyse data, preparing reports, and introduce process improvements throughout the reporting process along with excellent and technical skills
- Experience in exercising judgment while analysing and interpreting data to ensure a high level of accuracy, timeliness, and usefulness for account
- Demonstrated expertise to prepare required documents and presentations as required
- Proficien to ensure high level security, accuracy, and efficiency, demonstrate attention to details
About Business Unit
- Working knowledge of Intel / DBA/ Unix / Windows OS/Exchange
- Proven understanding on ITIL principles
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.