Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our colleagues grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.IT Service Desk Analyst
In your role as an IT Service Desk Analyst, you will be part of a team dedicated to providing Clarivate colleagues with World Class Information Technology Support and Service. By monitoring critical elements of the IT infrastructure, responding to system alerts and user request for assistance, you provide the front-line support required to delight both our internal and external customers.What you’ll do:
As a Service Desk Analyst within the Information Technology Department, you are part of a dedicated technology team focused on providing technical support and service to our internal Clarivate colleagues. You will leverage various tools and systems to ensure timely identification and remediation of issues that can impact IT services. You will be instrumental in helping users resolve issues with hardware, software, connectivity, and product specific incidents or work requests. You will provide real time ticket entry and effective communications between customers and subject matter experts. You will provision hardware and software, maintaining audit controls and compliance tracking. You will be engaged in both micro-level IT incidences as well as larger scale IT improvement projects, while understanding always that our focus is to provide the World Class Information Technology Services required to delight both our internal and external clients and facilitate our colleague’s ability to do the same.
- Provide 1st level support to resolve IT problems across the organization (i.e. workstations, mobile computers, printers, peripherals, desk phones, application access, VPN, etc.)
- Answer the Service Desk phones in a courteous and friendly manner following the specified IT procedures
- Ensure compliance to Clarivate’s Incident Management process for every incident
- Install/uninstall, troubleshoot, data recovery, access and maintain applications, products and equipment.
- Identify, analyze and repair equipment failures, order and replace parts/material as needed.
- Provide one-on-one end-user problem resolution, performing various IT support function such as creating, activating, disabling, and unlocking user accounts, network and application password resets, etc.
- Enter all calls/incidents/request/updates in ServiceNow, including detailed chronological information, in accordance with IT standards
- Escalate incidents to next level support when the solution is unknown or cannot be solved within defined time frames.
- Improvement of skills within the area of responsibility in accordance with career development plan.
- Implementation/Installation and administration/maintenance of IT services with focus on availability, reliability and manageability following Clarivate’s IT standard processes in coordination with responsible IT service management.
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve group goals, energize people to work together to accomplish business results.
- Create documentation and enhance the development of the Knowledge Base as required
- Prepare reports for trend analysis, improvement opportunities and performance metrics.
- Support implementation of new and/or improved IT processes following ITSM standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Client focus and ownership driven - displays initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Demonstrated ability to be a collaborative team player.
- Solid communication skills (both verbal and written),with ability to communicate confidently and clearly on bridge calls, in meetings, via email, etc.
- Flexible individual capable of dealing with the typical tensions that arise within an IT service environment; confident & customer focused; good problem-solving skills with the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Proven troubleshooting skills within a support environment including a strong commitment towards incident resolution, and solid understanding of foundational IT technical issues and relationships.
- Strong analytical skills, customer focused with the ability to cooperate with others to resolve issues on a professional level.
- Experienced in interacting with external suppliers & service providers.
- Experience in building, managing, and maintaining a knowledge base containing policies, procedures, documentation, and knowledge base articles related to the Service Desk and the IT Service Management team
- Proficiency in personal computer operating systems, security and office automation software, including Microsoft Windows 10, Active Directory, VPN, Exchange, Salesforce, Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TeamViewer, LucidChart, Microsoft SCCM, and Microsoft Office 365.
- Keen interest in working in a culturally diversified fast-paced environment.
- Associates degree or bachelor’s degree in Computer or Equivalent combinations of education, work experience, and certification will be considered.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a support/service capacity; preferably global IT organization, underlined by respective training certificates, but certificates are not mandatory.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices (ITIL Foundations certification preferred but not mandatory)
- Experience in IT Service Management process and tools or experience.
- Knowledge/use of ITSM tools like Service Now a plus