IBM is continuously accelerating its digital transformations to help clients modernize their applications, new markets and make investments in emerging opportunities through our hybrid cloud and AI strategy. Creating client dedicated garages are key to delivering rapid innovation and desired outcomes for our clients.
Our clients at IBM Garage leverage multidisciplinary Garage teams across Enterprise Design Thinking; Lean Startup strategies; development, security and operations (DevSecOps) to create an entrepreneurial “fishbowl” to deliver outcomes faster than would otherwise be possible. If the thought of innovating at start-up speed with enterprise-scale excites you, IBM Garage is the right team for you!
As a Site Reliability Engineer in IBM's Garage you will be responsible to build highly scalable, reliable and resilient systems, by applying software engineering to operations.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesWho you are
What you will do
- You specialize in reliability and resiliency through automation, DevOps, and data driven techniques and will be responsible to create an environment of trust and transparency by implementing tactical measures to increase systems reliability.
- You will establish strong working relationships with the client and IBM Garage teams, helping to establish the IBM team as a trusted partner.
- Work closely with dev teams to build, test, and deploy well-engineered information system and ecosystems
- Analyse root case issues, problem determination, and continuous improvement
- Build software to help operations & support teams, while addressing support escalation issues
- Engage with product teams to fix production outages and carry forward action items to improve ongoingreliability
- Maintain services after go live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health