The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Container Managed Services team is looking for a Red Hat OpenShift Support Engineers to work as SREs. You will help resolve issues for enterprise customers by providing high-level technical support and sustaining engineering services to maximize up-time through automation adhering to SLA.
You will understand the SRE model, working, automation principles, Devops with RedHat OpenShift certification (EX280). As SRE – Platform Support Engineer, you will get an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing teams in IBM India, with the prospect of moving into an architecture role in due course on full stack of Container Support.Responsibilities
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you operate seamlessly between development and operations. You’ll engage in and improve the lifecycle of cloud services - from design to deployment, operation and refinement. You’ll maintain services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health. You’ll play an important role in scaling systems sustainably through automation and evolving them by pushing for changes to improve reliability and velocity. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong problem-solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.
- Work with Cloud Infrastructure Engineers and developers to ensure maximum performance, reliability and automation of our deployments and infrastructure.
- Work with, consult and influence developers on new features and software architecture to ensure scalability.
- Develop software, both as components of our solution and outside of the solution, for deployment automation, packaging and monitoring visibility.
- Identify tasks and areas where automation can be applied to achieve time efficiencies and risk reduction.
- Debug and troubleshoot service bottlenecks throughout the whole software stack. Measure and monitor availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Provide advanced escalation support (tier 2 and 3) to Container Services solutions. You will have direct influence on the decisions and outcomes related to solution implementation
- Be part of a team that will work providing level 2/3 support for Openshift Non-Prod and Prod Support.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in IT Industry
- Hands on experience in Red Hat Openshift Administration - Kubernetes and Openshift Infrastructure and Architecture.
- In depth knowledge and experience of installing, configuring and operating Red Hat OpenShift.
- Experience in Onboarding Nodes in Openshift Clusters with various business workloads.
- Proficient to develop scripts for system automation, and automation of manual tasks including using Ansible.
- Ability to create Support handover documentation.
- Expertise in Virtualisation of infrastructure, building of packages using Docker along with setting up and management of version control using Git or Bitbucket for example.
- Experience in Ansible tower and integration using Prometheus into various reporting tools for example Grafana and Service Now.
- Working knowledge of deployment of containerised applications/microservices architectures and CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins etc.
About Business Unit
- An ability and desire to mentor and coach engineers
- A deep understanding of Observability (monitoring, logging and tracing) best practices
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.