Carbon Black is now part of VMware.
As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Carbon Black Cloud platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black’s success.
Our Engineering team is building a managed Kubernetes platform to enable seamless CI/CD from development to production as we migrate our legacy services to containers. You’ll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, as we move “all-in” on AWS. Here, engineering opportunities are endless.What You’ll Do
What You’ll Bring
- Ownership, architecture, and management of a container orchestration platform on AWS infrastructure components such as EKS/ECR, VPCs, EC2, S3, tagging schemes, IAM roles.
- Deployment, and management of automation of cloud-based infrastructure and software
- Working with configuration management tools in Linux - Terraform, Packer, Salt, Ansible,
- Ensuring cloud-based architectures meet 12-Factor principles.
- Architecture and implementation of cloud-based monitoring, alerting and reporting – SignalFx, CloudWatch, StatusCake, Splunk, Pagerduty
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing AWS infrastructure
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with technical operations and software development
- Solid understanding/experience of containers and container orchestration
- Working knowledge of the following:
- AWS services, particularly EC2, VPC, IAM
- Infrastructure as code, particularly Terraform
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Solid understanding/experience of continuous integration and deployment practices and supporting infrastructure/architectures
- Ability to manage code using a preferred scripting language, e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby
- Experience with Git and related workflows for code management
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level SaaS environment
- Security Experience a plus
- Team Player with a sense of humour
Engineering and TechnologySubcategory:
Manager and ProfessionalFull Time/ Part Time: