Job Title System Analyst - Customer Support Job Description
We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
We re the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Working as a Systems Analyst 1 at Cooper Lighting Solutions BU of Signify, is dynamic. You ll be responsible for supporting the Lighting division s application portfolio. The support team is the first point of contact into the Lighting Application Support organization and responds to a wide variety of requests, including troubleshooting and diagnostics, recognizing trends, escalating issues when appropriate, and communicating with external and internal users. The team also performs key activities within the project development lifecycle for changes and enhancements for several applications.
Building a brighter future at Cooper Lighting Solutions takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential and where you can help us reach ours.What You Ll Do
- Provide and request support on behalf of Lighting application external and internal users through multiple channels email, telephone, etc
- Log requests, regardless of channel, and maintain accountability of the support requests from beginning to customer closure, regardless of who is needed to resolve the issues
- Provide user account management for internal users and external agents
- Work with Agents to maintain the queue update
- Triage and route all requests to determine severity, category, appropriate resolution path, identify and escalate severity-1 (emergency) service requests, and assist in resolution as needed
- Collaborate with Tier 2 to resolve service requests, including support for 3rd party vendor service requests during the resolution process
- Read and analyze log files and other technical information provided by external and internal users to recognize patterns among incoming service requests, identify trending requests
- Research questions and problems using available information resources, including collaborating with staff to recreate problems in the test environment
- Assist in growing the documentation and organizing the Lighting Application Support knowledge base
- Execute test plans, component and regression, for each release. Provide documentation as well as issue descriptions to Tier 2 for further validation.
- Participate alongside Tier 2 in release deployment activities as needed by adjusting schedules, conducting training, identifying new trends in service requests post deployment, and build training documentation (e.g. user guides, quick reference guides, and instructional videos)
What You Ll Need
- Ensure new functionality deployed across the existing application portfolio does not adversely impact the service desk or end users by thorough testing software builds/hot fixes and troubleshooting issues scripts, regression, documentation (Examples: Flash, Configurator, 3rd party services, Price List Manager, Service Request)
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement initiatives
- Competent in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint Access)
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Capacity to quickly learn software applications, both packaged and custom developed, and provide support to internal and external users (technical)
- Bachelor s Degree in engineering with 3 Years / Graduation 5 Years, experience in Remote Support for local or global organization
- Accustomed to working on various issues simultaneously and ensuring the integrity of each project or task (administrative)
- Accustomed to working with persons from various departments with various skill sets (interpersonal)