Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesIBM India Systems Development Lab is looking for Software Engineer / Developer to be integral part of a team responsible for design and implementation of new features of an IaaS product. The product is an advanced virtualization and cloud management offering built on top of OpenStack. In addition, there is an opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies and integration with cloud-based products from VMWare, Google and SAP. The environment is managed in a totally automated approach applying DevOps and Agile methodologies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You will be part of a team of highly talented professionals working on design, development and support of a virtualization and cloud management product offering for IBM Cognitive Systems.
- This product is built on top of OpenStack and you will get an opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies & modern languages like Python, Ansible, Carbon, DevOps, Cloud and Containers.
- Team strictly follows Agile methodology and there is also scope to work with other interfacing products like VMWare vRealize suite, Terraform, CloudForms, Google Cloud etc. Major work is planned to implement containerization of the whole stack and services in addition to Clustering and HA solution.
- The role requires the engineer to be working under the guidance of the product architect, lead & offering management team to work on features to enable customers migrating their business to cloud platform.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1 – 3 years of IT experience
- Proven background in software development [Programming skills, development processes, tools etc]
- Strong programming skills on - Python, Linux & Shell scripting, J2EE, C/C++
- Knowledge of DevOps. Git/Gerrit, Go etc
- Understanding of virtualization concepts
- Automation & CI/CD
- Hands on experience on OpenStack and its various modules
- Sound understanding of Open APIs and protocols such as RESTful
- Fluent in English with good communication skills
- Excellent design and debugging skills
- Passion for open source software development
- Self-starters and quick learners on new technologies
- Ability & keenness to perform in a dynamic environment and deliver with aggressive deadlines & multiple priorities
About Business Unit
- Ansible experience
- Knowledge of IBM Power platform & Hypervisors [PowerVM, KVM] is a plus
- Understanding on Cloud platforms and management architectures
- Deployment & configuration of OpenStack environment using Ansible
- Knowledge of VLAN, OVS and NW Nodes
- Exposure to heterogenous Storage systems
- Awareness of Software Defined Infrastructure [SDN, SDS
India Systems Development Lab (ISDL) is part of IBM Systems world-wide technology development lab. Established in 1996, the Lab is headquartered in India's Silicon Valley and startup hub - Bengaluru, with a strong presence in Pune and Hyderabad. Developers at ISDL deliver technology innovations across the entire Systems portfolio - z Systems, Power / OpenPOWER Systems and Storage. The team here works across the entire stack from processor design, firmware, operating system to software defined storage. The lab also focuses on innovations, thanks to the creative energies of the teams. The lab has contributed over 400+ patents in cutting edge technologies and inventions so far.
While computing veers towards cognitive, cloud, mobile, social, and security, the lab has significantly contributed to not just new products focused in these areas, but has also ushered in new development models such as Agile, Design Thinking and DevOps.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.