Software DeveloperJob Description
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provideindustry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBMand our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a professional having skills mentioned below, to work in AIX Organization.
AIX Organization primarily owns the AIX development, having yearly release cycle. The person shall understand the AIX development process, develop overall functional understanding of the products, layers, components. In addition, its important to understand and grasp the technical architecture of the components.
The AIX organization primarily works through three functions - Development, Test, L3 SupportUnderstand the product end users and use casesUnderstand the product road map and understand the design requirements with regard to Product roadmap.Prepare detailed design document (HLD, LLD) as per functional requirements set forth by Product Lead.Discuss the design and understand different approaches and incorporate the best approach.Understand the AIX coding requirementsImplement the design - Programming, detect errors by unit testing, update the code in repository.Work with Test team for any bug encountered and provide timely resolution by analysing dumps and debugging.Meet the overall objective of the product roadmapRegular Status update to project leads and managementContributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and trainingsEstablish personal working relationships with team membersParticipating in organisation level activities.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- 1-4 years of experience in application development
- System Programming Skills (C, C++)-
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux internals
- Proven debugging and Problem-Solving skills
- Proven Interpersonal skills.
- Work in collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Collaborate and work in a global team structure with team members in other parts of the world
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
- Ready to pick up additional skills based on business requirements