Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that literally make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesYou will provide technical leadership for capability development, be aware of market requirements from Red HatThis role is important to realizing cutting edge Hybrid Cloud Capabilities and Solutions for clients worldwide using Red Hat technologies and would involve working with highly skilled infrastructure architects and deployment specialists in taking up challenging internal IBM projects in order to develop and execute complex solutions for IBM clients worldwide. You will lead the development team that develops on Red Hat platform Adopt a startup approach to things and hence need to wear different hats if required to get the job doneBroad and deep experience and skills in technology areas with ability to pick up new trends and technologies quickly and work on solutioning and presentation to customersCulture
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- IBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Overall experience of 10+ years with at least 5 to 8 years of experience in Cloud services
- Demonstrable experience of Red Hat platform across technologies - OpenShift, Open Stack, RH tools, storage, network.
- Demonstrated experience in Red Hat services, solutions that are in high demand.
- Translate roadmap to technical requirements and develop detailed use cases & prioritize them for development.
- Validated experience in providing technical leadership to capability development and delivery enablement - including skill requirements.
- Good understanding of solution approach and good analytical, communication and presentation skills.
About Business Unit
- You know how to build trust and communicate effectively with executives, along with day-to-day users of the software
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.