Job Description :Kindle E-reader is a revolutionary reading device, the #1 best-selling product on all of Amazon, and one of the most innovative and fast growing businesses at Amazon. It is an iconic product and a thriving business adored by customeJob Description
Kindle E-reader is a revolutionary reading device, the #1 best-selling product on all of Amazon, and one of the most innovative and fast growing businesses at Amazon. It is an iconic product and a thriving business adored by customers around the world but its still day one in inspiring the world to read more and get more out of reading every day, across all their devices.
SDETs at Amazon are able to understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks needed to streamline our quality process. Our SDETs work directly with both Software Development Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers to understand project features, review technical designs, and implement automated test tools that help deliver quality features with efficiency. Our SDETs understand customer usage models and are able to develop test plans and test cases that approximate real-world environments and scenarios.
A Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing frameworks and tools to test products. It is a very unique and challenging role and provides immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools. It combines the 'building' aspect of software design engineering with the 'breaking' aspect of software test engineering. Youll be writing code that automatically verifies the quality of the product. That means that you potentially write more code than the developers.
In this role, you
Design and build the automated test frameworks and test suites for use in development and testing cycles
Design and develop tools which will help Developers/Testers.
Collaborating with development teams and your team peers to identify and prioritize opportunities for automation.
Participating in design and code inspections.
A successful candidate must have a solid history of delivering results, obsession with quality, be detail oriented, a team player, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced start-up like environmentBasic Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Software engineering or a related field.
- 2+ yrs of experience with major time designing and building automation frameworks.
- Working knowledge of common automation frameworks such as JUnit or TestNG
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrable experience in writing clean code quickly
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes
- Experience in writing testing frameworks and automation tools is preferable
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
- Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
- Experience automating the validation of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures.
- Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed tool-sets.
- Good communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.