JOB TITLE: Software Development Engineer in Test
LOCATION: MUMBAI, BANGALORE INDIA
JioSaavn is South Asia'™s leading music streaming service. We are over 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science),and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world's leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world's most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.Our Culture
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences '“ from in-office performances by some of the world's most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark '“ right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we've got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you.Responsibilities
You will be responsible for performing a variety of Quality Engineering/Test tasks, including iOS/Android functional testing, test case creation and testing on iOS/Android Devices. You will also be a champion for all things test related including test automation and working closely with developers, product designers and operation teams to test and ship best-in-class mobile applications.Required Technical Skills And Experience
- 1 years of experience in native mobile app testing (iOS, Android) on mobile phones and tablets.
- 2 to 3 years of quality engineering experience, testing web applications.
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform).
- Experience in scripting using Perl/Shell.
- Strong experience with defect tracking tools and best practices around logging and tracking defects.
- Working experience with test automation tools such as Appium/UI automation/Instruments, Robotium and UI Automator.
- Experience with Unit Test tools such as TestNG and JUnit a strong plus.
- Experience with Web Services methodologies like JSON and REST .
- Experience with Continuous Integration environments, writing testable software and Test Driven Development a strong plus.
- Any experience in Network simulation/testing is a extra bonus.
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering.
Benefits And Perks
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills.
- Good team player who is self motivated and well organized
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Group Mediclaim
- Fun Fridays
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
- JioSaavn-sponsored team outings