Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesSoftware Engineer position at IBM India Research Lab is a challenging, dynamic and highly innovative role.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Build new products and service offerings based on advanced text and content analytics, machine learning, natural language processing, and the Watson technology.
- Build platforms for supporting personalized education, new methods of naturally interacting with enterprise infrastructure and systems, and new methods of delivering domain specific insights to customers.
- We are also conducting research on the next generation of cognitive interaction technologies.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Machine Learning, Data and Text Mining, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Information Extraction, Internet-of-Things (IoT),Blockchain, cognitive interaction technologies.
- Client-facing projects with ground-up solution and platform development.
- Focal point between multiple research teams, product teams and clients, for IoT-analytics architecture.
- Passion for developing high quality code and solutions.
- Ability to work with multiple technologies.
- J2EE development - proven programming experience and skills
- Data bases and data modeling
- Experience with enterprise quality software development
- Comfortable with software installation, configuration and system administration
About Business Unit
- Distributed systems and applications, Cloud computing, Security
- Agile software development across technologies and languages. Work with a combination of open source and IBM technologies like Spark, RabbitMQ, Bluemix, Cassandra, Hadoop, J2EE, SOA among others.
With more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents, IBM Research brings together hundreds of researchers who possess unparalleled industry expertise to address some of the world's most challenging problems. Join us as we do pioneering work in areas such as cognitive computing, augmented intelligence, quantum computing, and blockchain, to name a few.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.