Brief Position Summary:
Career opportunity. Help expand F5 into India to complete our worldwide reach.
The Rapid Development Team (RDT) is the customer-facing side of F5 Product Development and has the charter to keep our existing clientele happy. RDT accomplishes this through two major arenas - diagnosing and resolving the hardest customer issues (SRs) using a dedicated group of elite software engineers who thrive on the hunt, and by providing quality improvements to fielded releases via defect analysis, defect selection, and regression testing.
RDT has a unique vantage point within F5 Product Development. Our Software and Test Engineers understand the product in its entirety - not only how the features work but how they work together. This makes RDT engineers highly valued at F5. Some of the best engineers at F5 work for or have worked for RDT.Attractions of the Job:
This position is responsible for the identification, evaluation, and solution of complex software issues. Must also be able to design, develop, and maintain high-quality code for product components. Perform as an individual contributor and collaborate with peers under the direction of technical leads on assigned project teams. Requires little direct management to complete the majority of development tasks.Primary Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Efficiently communicate/collaborate internally at F5
- Serve as a source of technical expertise to a project team and as a mentor for junior staff members.
- Collaboratively determines and develops approaches to solutions for assigned projects.
- Evaluate the design and implementation of the current source code.
- Design and implement components of products
- May participate in hiring and onboarding process
- Collaborate with team members and technical leads
- Document software designs via design documents
- Knowledge and experience with network and web technologies
- Experience in software design, development and debugging
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms required
- Strong C, C++ skills required
- Background in network protocols like TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, SSL desired
- Experience programming on Linux based operating systems desired
- Experience with Python, shell script, and node.js preferred but not required
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Excellent analytic / troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment
- Passion for learning new technologies, and a track record of doing so.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3+ years of related experience with a Bachelorâs degree; or 3 years and a Masterâs degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.Phishing Alert