Engineering Team | New Delhi, IndiaAbout The Engineering Team
Chegg's engineaering team is a group of passionate engineers who, in close collaboration with data scientists, product managers, designers, and other backend developers, build the future of the online education industry. We build our products to scale and to last, we don’t take shortcuts (hello unit-tests and documentation),and we take pride in delivering high quality solutions on time.The Role
We are looking for a Fullstack Developer responsible for translating the business requirements to actual code, API’s, micro services , UI components that will be critical for content engineering platform. You will also design the overall architecture of the web application and evolve it to ensure maximum performance and stability.Responsibilities
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
- Building UI components and web server code for security, efficiency and performance.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Build robust and scalable data infrastructure (both batch processing and real-time) to support needs from internal and external users
- Architect and implement the most secure platforms that can solve the C100K challenges
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
Skills And Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience building robust infrastructure with our developers and data-driven business tools
- Keep technical debt low by reinforcing our Engineering culture of establishing sound practices for ensuring code reviews, high test coverage, and documentation
- The overall experience of 3+ years with UI technologies and Server side technologies (preferably in a E-commerce/EdTech Product company)
- Sound understanding of data structures/ algorithms and SOLID principles.
- Strong hands-on experience with Object Oriented / Functional programming languages, primarily Java
- Good understanding of frameworks such Springboot, Hibernate & building Microservices (REST or GraphQL
- Hands-on experience working with SQL / NoSQL
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools Git, Bitbucket etc.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to implement unit tests using junit
- Good hands-on with NodeJS and TypeScript is a plus.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as Less, Sass, etc.
- Good understanding of modern web architecture behind scalable web applications
What is Chegg?
- Experience building single page web applications is a plus
An ‘always on’ digital learning platform.
Chegg puts students first…Everything we build in this company is student-focused, making us the leading student-first connected learning platform. Chegg strives to improve the overall return on investment in education by helping students learn more in less time and at a lower cost. This is achieved by providing students a multitude of educational tools from affordable textbook rentals to Chegg Study which supplements their learning through 24/7 tutor access, step-by-step help with questions, and more. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG.Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student
shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, and Chegg Internships and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.