Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Global Payments is the parent company for TSYS, Netspend, Heartland, TouchNet, OpenEdge, Xenial, Greater Giving, ACTIVE Network, and AdvancedMD. Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments),LinkedIn and Facebook.What is your role going to be?
This role will focus on the technical processes related to software development and will assist in maintaining the high quality of new software systems. This role will focus on ensuring the software project security, and work to keep new technology by utilization of new tools and trends.
What are we looking for?
- Design, implement, and maintain high performance software solutions
- Build and maintain Java libraries and SDKs
- Analyze and solve performance problems
- Improving application reliability and responsiveness
- Communicate ideas, issues, status, and outcomes with the team and managers
- Professionally argue points and ensure the right solutions
- Create technical documentation.
- Assist in promoting a positive team culture
- BachelorĂ˘ÂÂs Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+Experience on high-performing teams through the entire development lifecycle
- 3+ years of experience in a Software Developer role or similar role
- Understanding of design principles, threading, real-time processing
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience debugging and performance tuning applications and services
- Desire and skill in coaching more junior engineers
- Passion for doing what is right for the team, our company, and our customers
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
What might also help?
- Strong knowledge of Core Java, J2EE
- Strong understanding of the SOA
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
- Experience in the payment industry
- Cloud based certifications