KBX Logistics is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team! The role will be part of a team of engineers that are responsible for enhancing existing applications and for building applications using modern microservices architecture techniques.Responsibilities include implementing solutions that are secure, support best practices, embrace CI/CD, and scalable.We are seeking an individual that possesses strong collaboration within the immediate IT team as well as the business teams within KBX Logistics.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Work independently, or within the construct of a product team, to understand customer and business requirements to deliver creative solutions which meet or exceed those business needs.
- Execution of this role will involve both the deployment of standardized product offerings and the creation of new solutions and services as required to meet customer needs.
- Coordinate with peers in leading the effort to develop and/or refine processes which optimize the delivery of Cloud solutions and create value for KBXL and its customers.
- Maintain awareness of emerging cloud-based industry trends and technologies which may create value.
- Produce documentation to support solutions that you have developed in order to aid in support of the solution.
- Developing a full stack microservice solution(s) including API’s, queue processing, and database interaction.
- Performing analysis and development of backend processing and Web-based front-end applications.
- Working with a team of engineers and analysts through discovery, delivery, and support of new platforms that are focused on the transformation of our transportation management systems
- Ensuring delivery of technical solutions that meet the business outcomes, consistent with software development standards and best practices for a service-oriented architecture
- Develop, test and deploy solutions based on requirements.
Document changes based on solutions deployed.
The Experience You Will BringRequirements
- At least 4 years of experience as a programmer/analyst, developing and supporting applications.
- Understanding of different architecture methodologies (Monolithic vs. Microservices)
- Previous hands-on code development experience in full stack applications
oWindows Operating System (1+ Years)
oVisual Studio 2017+ (1+ Years)
oTFS/VSTS/Azure Devops, CI/CD (1+ Years)
- TFVC & Git repository formats
- Creating & working with Work Items
oSQL Server Management Studio (1+ years)
oPostman, Fiddler, SoapUI, or equivalent tool (1+ years)
o.NET Technologies, (4+ Years)
oC# .NET (3+ Years)
oMS T-SQL Language (2+ Years)
oEntity Framework & Linq (1+ Years)
oDependency Injection (DI) (6+ months)
- Web services/api development
oREST and SOAP protocols
oXML and JSON formats
- NuGet Packages (6+ months)
- Website Development
oDeveloping ASP.NET Web Forms
oASP.NET MVC (2+ Years)
oAngular Version 2+
- NgRx Store (Redux pattern)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Degree in Computer Science/MIS, Engineering, or equivalent
- Cloud Computing; necessary for Gen2
oContainerization and Virtualization
oInfrastructure as Code (Helm Charts, YAML, CloudFormation, or similar tools)
oAWS technology stack
- EC2 Instances & Volumes, S3 Buckets, IAM Policies
- Visual Basic .NET
- General Queuing Technologies (RabbitMQ\Apache-Kafka) experience\principles
- Docker Experience