NW Perf and Optimization Engineer, Software Engineer/ProgrammerJob Description
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.Mission
The objective of this position is to provide planning and optimization services remotely for managed services global customers.Responsibility
- It involves network performance assessment, audits and network performance enhancements (optimization) on regular basis
- Identifies and solves proactively demanding problems and communicates them to key stakeholders for resolution.
- Ability to optimize network with all components based on traffic trends and customer forecast. Ability to compile Optimised system parameters to tune the network.
- Accountable for the timely development and delivery of complex engineering design and support deliveries, focusing mainly on the delivery of the customer GSM/UMTS/LTE core networks.
- Understanding of overall customer (managed services) network architecture with end to end understanding of traffic flow.
- Enhancement of network architecture design, and configuration (Data fills),Capacity planning, network interface analysis and design, and overall engineering support based on ongoing traffic trends.
- A key strategic objective of the position is to interface with the NOKIA (NET) Global community (CoDe, SSMs and Product team etc.) and to negotiate support and tech transfer from these contacts.
- Provides technical network planning and optimization support to assist customers in network rollout/modernization. Prepares/compiles NOKIA (NET) product information/configuration source data.
- To proactively help Local NPO and Project teams identify and collect required inputs for network planning and optimization tasks
- Provides project engagement support within a remote delivery framework and ensures that all deliveries strictly adhere to negotiated deadlines.
- Familiar and up-to-date with latest guidelines, engineering rules on how to dimension and plan various network elements including IPA/DX/ATCA platforms.
- Applies Global best practices work instructions/processes/tools ensuring high quality and timely deliveries.
- Applies knowledge and skills to analyze and resolve complex network problems.
- SD Representation in customer/project interface and acts like a Single Point of Contact for all technical/project related matters.
- Supports the MS NPO Manager with general and team management issues.
- Manages technical accountabilities of a small team of technical experts
- Mentors Network Planning and Optimisation skills of Junior team members
- Solid understanding of Mobile Core, IP and VAS networks
- Solid Network planning and Design exposure - Good understanding of operator
Business drivers and technologies in the Core network area
Product Competence Required
- Good understanding of technical specifications (like 3GPP, LTE) relevant to CS/PS/CC/IP Domain.
- Good Knowledge of protocols like SS7, SIGTRAN, SIP, GSM/GPRS/UMTS/LTE
- Protocols MAP/ISUP/, TCP/IP e.t.c .Knowledge of IP Networking Protocols (RIP, BGP, OSPF, ISIS). Knowledge of routing protocols like MPBGP, MPLS, PBR, ACL, VLAN, HSRP, VRRP, LACP, Ethernet. Hands on Experience in supporting MPLS Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks, LDP, RSVP, TE, VPLS etc.
- Good knowledge of Network Dimensioning and Performance Measurement tools
- Experience in NOKIA PS (SGSN/GGSN/MME/SAE-GW) or CS (2G/3G MSS, MGW, HLR) systems design, planning and/or optimization preferred.
- Ability/knowledge of multi-vendor products (ALU/Ericsson/Huawei/ZTE etc) based on business/project requirements.
- Stronghold on core network assessment and optimization.
- Ability to commission/integrate NOKIA 2G/3G network elements and troubleshooting etc. is an added advantage.
- PS Core :Nokia SGSN/GGSN/MME/SAE-GW/FNS/FNG/ Nokia ATCA/Cloud
- CS core : Nokia DX/IPA/ATCA/oTAS/oBGW
- Converged Core: SDM (HSS, NT-HLR, NDS),IMS, Platform (ATCA,HP Cloud),CSCF.
- IP: Juniper (EX-4200, M120, M10i, M7i),Extreme (BD-8810,BD-8806, Alpine 3804, 3805, X450a-48tdc, Summit48si),Ericsson (SmartEdge),Huawei , Alcatel Lucent (7750-SR12, 7750-SR7, 7705 SAR-18, 7210 SAS-E, 7210 SAS-M),Security products ( SRX 3600, SRX 5800, NetScreen 2000/ISG1000/SSG-520M.)