Software Application Engineer II shall be responsible for the implementation and testing of a variety of software solutions in the product line based on the supplied design. He/She should be able to effectively work within a team of technically strong engineers. He/She should be adhering to the schedules, standards and quality processes and procedures of the Organization. Existing Software errors corrections, testing and maintaining the software is an important task of a Software Engineer.Responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities:
Specific Knowledge And Skills
- Autonomous in development, design and resolving the critical issues of Software
- Primary responsibilities involve working with the design teams to effectively understand and implement the solutions independently.
- Develop the pseudo code/flow chart for the given design solution of the product
- Building the software for testing and product release.
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
- Ability to find creative solutions to moderately defined problems
- Familiar with software development process like waterfall, Agile/Scrum methodology etc.
- Mentor junior engineers and improving their problem solving skills
- Unit testing & debugging of production software
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications
Candidates should have experience in the following skills and technologies:
- Experience of 3 to 6 years in Software development using several of the skills and technologies mentioned below
- Extensive Experience on AngujarJS , Angular
- Writing extensive unit tests using Jasmine or other frameworks
- Experience in consuming RESTful Web Services
- Experience on building responsive designs using HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of front-end debugging using chrome dev tools.
- Ability to establish and promote best practices.
- Strong sense of visual and UI design
Nice To Have
- Experience in CSS Bootstrap framework
- Knowledge of cross platform / browser compatibility issues and how to overcome it with top of the line UX
- Experience in creating charts, graphs , dashboards.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Scripting Languages: WebGL, Index DB, SVG
- IDE Tools: Web Storm / VS Code
- Configuration Management Tools: Maven, GIT, Ant, and CI tools like Jenkins or Hudson
- Knowledge of Screening and Scanning technologies is a plus
- Exposure to Security Systems domain is a plus
- Exposure to Test Driven Development is a plus
- Voice out issues and seek proactive help from other team members
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with very good teaming skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- An ability to work to deadlines
- Uphold the companyâs core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the companyâs Code of Ethics and Conduct
- It is the responsibility of every employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- E/B.Tech or M.E/M.Tech in the disciplines of EEE/ECE/CSE or MCA degree or equivalent experience.
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.