Senior Software Developer - Data Analytics
The team creates development frameworks and software automation solutions used to drive next gen-processes across AWM, helping accelerate our journey to adopt cloud and Big Data technologies. The team also exists to deliver next generation components and user interfaces to distribute core data across Asset & Wealth Management. The team has the remit to re-write the product suite over the next three years and is looking for top talent that can bring fresh ideas and passion to the area to create truly innovative solutions.
What makes this unique is this the fact that this department that has been set up by technologists and not the typical 'people managers'; the focus from senior managers down to graduate is on hands on development with a focus on quality and delivery, utilizing practices such as TDD and continuous delivery.
A focus of the group is to develop software in such a way that they as seen as role models and could coach across the organization. The approach and tooling being utilized adopts agile techniques and has 100% commitment from senior leaders that it will be implemented in the way the Developers see fit!
The Software Developer is expected to:
- Work with group leadership to delineate roadmap or work
- Devise elegant & maintainable design and implementations.
- Perform (and be subject to) frequent constructive Peer Reviews.
- Contribute to the high automated testing efforts of the application.
- Build applications which are Cloud Native.
- Have a true passion for software development and problem solving.
- Be a passionate believer in the value of Continuous Integration, Testing, and Deployment.
- Have a focus on building the right software in the right way.
- Create high quality solutions with an eye for detail.
The department has the following set of core values and culture they work towards.
- Individual empowerment (reduced hurdles and overhead), quality and continuous improvement built into team's culture
- Conscious effort to build a simple architecture and leverage reusable components / services
- Team-first attitude along with trust; support each other to upgrade skills
- Standard methodologies with \'minimum requirements\' clearly articulated
- Co-located team with workspace and tools for closer collaboration
- Targeted training to impart new tech. skills and methodology knowledge
- Strong Tech. leadership that understands the different AD functions, stakeholders and their interests
If you're a passionate technologist and would like to be recognized and rewarded for your expertise rather than political skills, then this may be the role for you.
Technology & Experience:
The team is looking for all levels of experience; financial knowledge is not a pre requisite.
The attitude and behaviors of the candidate are more important than expertise in a particular technology or framework, so if you don't tick all the boxes in the technologies listed but you are passionate about technology, willingness to learn and delivery focused
then please feel free to still apply.
Core Technologies currently implemented.
- 7+ years of experience as an enterprise application developer
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Python, Spark, Hive, Hadoop
- Object-Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Good knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL, Redshift, Greenplum
- Experience with JSON, Avro, Parquet
- Experience with GIT Bit Bucket, Jenkins, CI/CD pipelines
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.