Software Engineering- DB Developer
Req #: 200009444
Location: Bangalore East, KA IN
Job Category: Technology
Employment Type: Full Time
- Develop Payment Switch, Token Vault, Solution for Pay with Points and enhancements
- Build and execute necessary test cases which rigorously test developed code
- Self-starter, independently takes initiative in driving assignments to completion and solving problems without need for escalation
- Proactively research and develop new technologies, services, solutions, etc.
- Proactively identify gaps in all processes, procedures, monitors, alerts, designs, etc. and provide recommendations on how to resolve
- Perform regular/periodic peer/code reviews
- Work closely with business analyst, quality assurance, and project management resources throughout delivery of solutions
1) Basic knowledge of GoldenGate with understanding on how to fix REPLICAT process issues in case of GG failure
2) understanding of indexes, explain plan and performance tuning of SQLs
3) understanding of cpu utilization and memory utilization by DB processes, queries and long running cursors and how to reduce that.
4) high level understanding of SAN and NAS storage.
5) basic understanding of DBA views and ussage in day to day tracking and information gathering
6) Table design knowledge. hands on experience on designing tables and indexes.
7) Hands on knowledge with working on Partiotions, including but not limit to partitioning strategies, partition exchange, partition statistics.
8) Hands on experience on PL/SQL to create function, procedures, packages and triggers.
9) Experience in using hints and checking explain plan effect of same
- Mandatory hands-on experience on core Java , Spring, REST services, Hibernate, MQ and JMS.
- 5+ years’ experience with full development lifecycle from concept through implementation
- 5+ years’ experience with core Java based application design and development
- 5+ years’ experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Tomcat)
- Experience with card processing / authorizations applications
- 5+ years’ experience developing with Oracle DB.
- Experience developing applications which leverage frameworks – those that support switching, transaction control, interfaces / web services.
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale applications in a mission-critical production environment
- Experience in Agile development lifecycle methodology
- Good to have experience in Splunk, Wily, Crucible and Jmeter.
- Preferred experience in Query optimization and Java performance tuning