Credit Technology is focussed on delivering best in class IT solutions to the Credit Trading business where JP Morgan is a market leader. We are a team of around 125 people with the core of our development effort based in the financial hubs of London, New York, Mumbai and Hong Kong. Our core strength is providing technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to generate revenue and remain the dominant player in the market. We are committed to hiring the brightest and best technical experts to provide our business with the latest UI platforms.
We are looking to hire a software engineer to work in Spread application development team, a highly-skilled, business-aligned team of technologists responsible for building end to end solutions used by the Spread Trading business globally. Products include corporate bonds, single name and index CDS. Team members are based in London, New York, Mumbai and Hong Kong. Location for this role is Mumbai. We are looking for an application developer to help to build out, enhance and support Front office, middle office, regulatory and compliance reporting framework.
The role will combine all aspects of software development from design and build to deployment, working within a team of experienced technologists. It requires an expertise in creating high quality and reusable components in a service-oriented architecture that will be leveraged by a variety of teams across Credit Technology as well as for direct deliveries to the desk. The successful candidate must be comfortable working as a front/middle-office developer in a high pressure, challenging role with a focus on solving business problems via technology in a fast changing environment: time to market is critical, but without compromising on quality or performance.
• Develop robust, performant reporting framework including building new applications & enriching existing applications using the most suitable technology choices. Align development with the overall Credit trading strategy.
• Contribute to project Devops focussing on automated continuous delivery.
• Work across entire software development lifecycle - requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, deployment, handover to operate teams.
• Assist production management teams in timely issue resolution to maintain business continuity.
• Enhance the team by demonstrating best practice throughout the software development lifecycle: testing, code review, accurate status reporting, focus on application resilience and 'operability'.
• Global Production Support & Infrastructure teams
• Other Credit Technology teams; JP Morgan Athena development community
• Front office, Middle office, Regulatory and compliance business users
• Opportunity to work closely with a best-in-class trading business on projects that directly impact revenue
• Direct Exposure to a strategic firm-wide technology platform that spans multiple functions and asset classes
• Fast paced, dynamic environment with significant opportunities for career growth
• Expertise in the following Languages with strong OOPs concept
• Good to have experience in data visualization tool like Qlikview and Tableau or any other reporting tools.
• Good to have experience in BIG data technologies like Hadoop, Impala etc
• Strong analytical development skills, solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and experience in real-time, high performance and/or eTrading areas.
• Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems with technology and an ability to quickly translate requirements into a sound technical design and implementation.
• Proven organisational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, excellent verbal & written communication skills.
• Ideal candidate should have minimum 3+ years of previous work experience (Role - 602) in software development using technical skills mentioned above.
• The candidate should be qualified to degree level in Computer Science, Maths or related engineering discipline
• Strong technology generalist - experience building highly performant and resilient enterprise applications used within a high performance/realtime environment
• Experience working in a team with a strong software development process (build, test, deploy etc)