Telstra is Australia's leading telecommunications and technology company, with operations in more than 20 countries, including In India where we're building a new Innovation and Capability Centre (ICC) in Bangalore. We've implemented an IT strategy that employs leading-edge software engineering practices to help deliver a superior customer experience with improved trust and speed of delivery, lower cost, and simplified architecture, systems and processes.
Our Mobile Engineering team is a large scaled agile team, and as such, we place a lot of emphasis on 'cultural fit'. Hence, the individual must be able to show various qualities that will enable them to fit and grow in a high-performing, critical thinking team.
The key purpose of the role as a full stack developer is to perform within an agile feature team, contributing to the development and maintenance of mobile applications to further develop Telstra's various customer-facing self-care web apps suite with new capabilities.
- To design software in accordance with business requirements.
- Responsible for software development including quality assurance.
- Responsible to maintain and operate the software in production.
- Individual will work with product owner to develop new features.
- Responsible to verify requirements and fix system design issues before the build phase.
- Individual will work with the business to set timelines and milestones which limit impact and system outages
- Responsible to lead a variety of experts to navigate build and integration issues.
- Responsible to engage key stakeholders on a regular basis to build and maintain rapport, set clear expectations and work on agreed outcomes.
- Good problem-solving skills using a combination of evidence and experience
To be successful in this role, you must have…
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering background.
- At least 4 years of experience in IT with hands-on coding and testing expertise.
- Hands-on experience in developing customer facing web applications.
- Good experience in agile software development.
- Experience in Java Script, React JS.
- Experience in Java, Microservices, REST, Spring boot.
- Good experience in OOPs concept.
- Experience in OAuth 2.
- Experience in Testing inclusive unit test framework, test automation, Selenium.
- Database experience in SQL, Postgre SQL or NoSQL.
- Knowledge in Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and AWS.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline.
- Good knowledge and experience in Telecommunication or CRM Domain is mandate.
Highly desirable -
- Cloud computing
- Microservices architecture
- Software testing including test automation, service virtualisation, device testing, performance testing and security testing
A CAREER AT TELSTRA
Working at Telstra brings endless opportunities to develop and grow your career with us in a creative and a success-based culture.
If this role sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you to discuss this great opportunity.