CSII Operations Support – Software Support Engineer
Software Support Engineer II
CSII Team is responsible for operations, Stability and reliability of highly optimized supply chain suite of products to manage entire gamut of supply chain lifecycle for our retail and ecommerce lines of business. With our rapidly increasing footfalls in stores and exponential growth in online orders; this all has to be done to scale millions of owned and marketplace SKU’s complete inbound and outbound fulfilment lifecycles.
Team’s mission - “Enable customers to receive their orders when and where they want in an innovative and cost effective way for Walmart“ derives from Walmart’s mission statement - “Save Money. Live Better” complementing our organization’s philosophy to deliver low prices every day, on everything.
How we achieve this, comes down to the team of Operation specialist and smartest technologists from India focused on the entire suite of supply chain management products for the Walmart Supply Chain at a massive scale. From forecasting & replenishing inventory for millions of items worth billions of dollars, sourcing of millions of orders, to route optimization & last mile delivery to Warehouse Management Systems to most advanced grocery & order management systems & Item and inventory Systems. Operations team will minimize any disturbance to Supply chain operations by proactively identifying and remediate potential cause resulting in minimum to zero system downtime.
With over 4,000 associates in Silicon Valley, San Diego, Portland, Brazil, United Kingdom and India, we’re bringing together some of the best professionals from around the world. If you’re inspired by the opportunity to solve complex problems at scale and make a difference for our customers and members, join us.Your Responsibility
- Independently own and address and resolve applications issues, provide updates and perform root cause analysis.
- Plan, execute and implement applications and configuration change procedures
- Supervise all alerts related to application and system procedures and provide services proactively.
- Maintain good professional relationships with counterparts of engineering, Platform support and end Users etc.
- Gain and maintain expertise in flow of application process and systems related to domain
- Flexibility - responsibilities may require occasional evening and weekend work
- Coordinate across teams and resolve all complex application and system issues ranging in complexity (Low to Critical)
- Install and prepare tools required for proper functioning of applications on regular basis.
- Coordinate with departments and QA departments and administer code migrations in various environments and production outputs.
- Manage all production system and recommend ways to optimize performance and provide solution to problems and prepare reports for all problems.
- Follow standards and best practises to bring operational efficiencies, stability and availability of the system.
- Comprehend various metrics on operational dashboards and reports and take corrective actions
Our Ideal Candidate
- An Engineering Degree - B.E/B.Tech/ Under graduate in any stream – Computer Science preferred.
- 2-4 + years of relevant experience with the following skills
- knowledge of operating systems, Databases, application stacks and network systems
- Previous experience dealing with support cases or requests via e-mail, telephone and in person
- Basic systems ,software engineering and Architecture knowledge
- Ability to code/Script in one of the languages (C#, Python and Java) and working knowledge of SQL and Databases
- Basic knowledge and understanding in emerging technologies of Cloud, Distributed computing and big data
- Worked on monitoring and alerting tools
Our ideal candidate is an energetic, self-motivated individual focused on solving customer problems. He/She is a responsive team player who can proactively contribute for building technical strategies for operations, applications and systems by promoting an understanding of the technology and business roadmap. He /she is someone who thrives in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic, startup-like environment with following key skills
Key Technology Skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Listening ability and patience
- Critical thinking, complex Problem Solve and Troubleshoot
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation, and
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to explain complex ideas to those with limited IT and systems knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to independently learn technologies and process thru continuous learning
- Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team including flexibility to support multiple locations when necessary,
Skill set : Item & Inventory - Support / Technical Operations (JAVA)
Core Skills :
JAVA,J2EE, Scripting (Shell/Python)DataBase:
NoSQl-CassandraMessaging and communication:
“Walmart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.”Skills Required
Support Engineer with Dev back groundLocation
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IndiaEducation/Qualification
Any Graduate/PGDesirable Skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills 2) Listening ability and patience 3) Critical thinking, complex Problem Solve and Troubleshoot 4) Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation, and 5) Able to work independently or as part of a team.
Software Support Engineer III