As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you’ll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today’s market.Your Role and Responsibilities
As a System Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for ensuring that components are delivered with high quality, tested and ready for integration into IBM's best-of-breed solutions. This is your chance to develop innovative new technology as well as grow your career. Hone your expertise alongside fellow talented professionals, where you'll develop some of the most exciting software infrastructure and solutions on the market.
As an OpenShift Operator tester you will be responsible for
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Designing of test plans for OpenShift operators for spectrum scale product portfolio.
- Testing of operators for Spectrum Scale in OpenShift.
- Ensuring end to end quality delivery of the component/feature.
- Co-ordinating and working with geo dispersed team
- Working closely with customers for requirement implementation as well as responding quickly to customer issues.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4 – 10 years of industry experience
- Strong background with RedHat OpenShift and Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of Container Tech: Kubernetes, Docker
- Excellent understanding and hands-on experience with Operators.
- Preferred experience on test automation development using Ansible, Python.
- Understanding and experience of working in Agile methodology across global teams.
About Business Unit
- Preferably with prior experience in designing and developing OpenShift Operators.
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world’s most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.