Who You'll Work With
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-3 years of experience in analytics/data science. Healthcare experience would be an added advantage
- Deep interest and skillset in analytics and a passion for improving the way hospitals source and utilize external spend areas from supplies to pharmaceuticals; optimizing the approach to workforce management in health systems; improving clinical operations from reducing length of stay to increasing OR/ED throughput; helping health systems think strategically about capital productivity
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship, professionalism and presence to succeed in a team-based setting on the ground with clients
- Enjoy hand's-on change management and operational implementation involving multiple stakeholders across a hospital organization
- Are sound problem-solvers who can quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply during change transformation efforts with clients
- Are comfortable traveling up to 80% of the week to a client site
- Strong analytical background, including knowledge of software/solutions implementation and project management
- Working Knowledge of SQL and Excel is mandatory; Knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Tableau, Python, R, R-shiny is a plus
- Experience working with large datasets, data visualization tools, machine learning and statistics preferred.
- Able to work well with multi-disciplinary teams across continents/time zones
You’ll work with our Healthcare Systems & Services Practice (HSS) team and will be based in Gurgaon.
The Healthcare Solution Delivery team uses healthcare data (payer / provider / 3rd party data) and analytics to answer some of the most pressing questions our healthcare clients have today such as “How do we manage cost of care while improving quality?”, “How do we remain competitive in the evolving healthcare landscape?”, “Who are the most vulnerable patients and what interventions can we design to better care for them?”.
Our capabilities are foundational to multiple high profile initiatives and have been core to the Healthcare practice in delivering organization wide transformation programs for payors (public and private) or providers. The team has grown to 300+ colleagues globally over the last 4 years. It is a unique mix of Healthcare Experts, physicians, statisticians, engineers, data scientists, and more.
McKinsey Healthcare Systems & Services fosters innovation driven by advanced analytics, user experience design thinking, predictive forecasting and new product development. We are a community of entrepreneurs within McKinsey dedicated to using technology to accelerate meaningful impact at our clients. Through self-service access to analytics and data, software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, HSS has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we’re hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.What You'll Do
You will be actively engaged with front-line client teams involved in helping hospitals implement operational improvements and organizational enhancements that boost cost effectiveness and improve quality of care for patients.
You will bring your healthcare expertise, operational experience and analytical skills to bear on topics ranging from clinical operations to procurement to workforce management and capital productivity.
You will leverage your expertise to take ownership of tenure-appropriate client relationships and guide clients through appropriate syndication discussions as well as longer-term front-line implementation projects.
You will be expected to develop industry-leading expertise on at least one Healthcare Analytics asset/solution (e.g., a specific category or delivery solution) and participate in IP development projects contributing to the overall knowledge and capabilities of Healthcare Analytics. You will be viewed as the primary point of contact for growing, scaling and innovating within that asset/solution.
As such, you will support our clients and engagement teams in their use of the solutions to sustainably drive high impact. This involves engaging with client sponsors on a regular basis to drive user adoption, help them with questions regarding Solution usage or applicability, etc. You'll also work with clients and McKinsey consultants in joint problem solving sessions and drive the process of converting/enriching raw client data sources into high value data products required for Solutions to deliver business insights for the relevant challenges.
You will have the opportunity to master the analytics/methodology embedded in the Solutions as well as the data concepts related to the Solution domains. This expertise will be fundamental to delivering a seamless, tech-enabled experience for our client service teams and clients in order to sustainably drive impact in healthcare.