At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.Your Role and ResponsibilitiesAs Database Administrator, you are responsible for installation, configuration & managing database server and applying security patches & other Patches for upgrading versions of oracle database on different platforms.If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.Responsibilities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Perform installation, configuration and upgradation of Database on all environment
- Implement distributed queuing on various platforms and clustering mechanism to reduce the administrative tasks
- Work on triggering on both channel and application triggering by configuring channel initiators and trigger monitors
- Manage database objects like tablespace, user, table, Index, roles, privileges, profiles, DB Links, materialized views, partitioning, synonyms, sequences, views and indexes and other database objects etc
- Create physical/logical standby database and performing switch-over and fail-over
- Drive performance & tuning, monitoring the performance using tools.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4 + years of experience is SQL DBA with the versions 2005/2008/2008R2/2012/2014/2016/2017
- Experience in installation, configuration and Patch upgradation administration on SQL Server
- Proficient in implementing and monitoring Log-Shipping as a high availability solution Ability to install, configure on SQL DBA Clustering and fix support packs on all OS platforms.
- Experience in configuring Reporting service for report data collection
- Demonstrated ability to implement High Availability, Work Load Management and Fail Over, Disaster recovery and performance tuning
- Expertise in debugging and analytical skills with solid grasp of system development methodologies, techniques and tool.
- Solid experience in implementing Always-On feature on SQL server
About Business Unit
- Experience in Always on and Clustering is desirable
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
At Global Technology Services (GTS),we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, 'What else is possible?' GTS is the place for you!Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.About IBM
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.Location Statement
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.